Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Man's Saturday

Today, Tyler referred to his day as a perfect 'man' day. He woke up early (8:30am - that's early in our house) to meet up with Guy Elford for a little helicopter flying lesson. Guy has been kind enough to offer to teach Tyler how to fly, and today was day one. A sort of trial run to see if he was interested. The kids and I lazed around for a quiet saturday morning until we heard the buzz of the helicopter engine. Max and I were laying in my bed talking; Lucy and Logan were both asleep. I grabbed Max quickly and said, "Max! Come quick! Dad's in a helicopter!" So we raced outside to meet up with Papa who had also heard the engine. Max watched the helicopter circle our house a few times and then looked at me with his sad face and said, "Dad is going where I want to be." I ran in and woke up Lucy and took her outside as well. They landed the helicopter in the field so the kids would have the opportunity to take a closer look. Both of them held back pretty good until the engine was turned off - after that, Lucy was still timid but Max was all for it. He loved sitting in the cockpit and pretending to fly.The kid's went up to Grandma's to have breakfast and hang out - because that's way more fun than our house - and headed back home to feed Logan and have a shower in my own bathroom. Whoo-hoo. What a luxury. Then it was off wedding dress shopping with Sarah - which Tyler joined us for, because all the kids wanted to come, and he was kind enough to realize that would be a lot for me to handle on my own. Not so manly, but definitely respectable. He finished off the day shooting coyotes with some friends and watching a movie with the kids. When he got home from shooting, all he could say was, "This is my kind of Saturday."

No comments: