Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Big Girl, Big Party

This year was the first time Lucy invited friends who weren't related to her to her birthday party. She handed out tinkerbelle invitations to five of her friends at school and waited patiently for the RSVPs to come in. 3 of the 5 she invited were able to attend along with cousins and that made for a busy enough party for me. When the kids arrived, they got busy painting flower pots that they would later fill with dirt and plant some Morning Glory seeds in. One of Lucy's friend's, Ava, said her favorite color was turquoise. Max finished painting his pot and then came and asked me if he had 'tar-cars' on his thing. I had to get him to repeat himself about 15 times and still didn't know what he was talking about. Finally he took me over to his flower pot and pointed at it and asked if he had 'tar-cars' on it. I finally clued in that he was trying to say turquoise...it's not very often that I don't understand what he's saying anymore.After the flower pots, they opened presents by playing spin the bottle. Lucy got some more Littlest Pet-Shop, a doll, a book, some slippers, a new game called, "what did I step in?", some beads, and some s 3-D sidewalk chalk. The kids then moved on to decorating cupcakes for a while before heading into the hot tub to finish off the party. The kids had a blast in the hot tub and Lucy's friends are definitely more adventurous that my own kids, who sat on the side while the others splashed and dove under the water. Parents soon arrived to take their kids home, and one of the moms who had stayed, held Logan the entire time, so I was able to enjoy and run the party.
It was a pretty successful birthday party, I'd say. We decided to have a BBQ after with all the family to celebrate Mother's Day, as many people were unavailable the next day. It was a late night, but we enjoyed celebrating. I even topped the night off by giving my nephew a haircut and doing some money-saving math.

No comments: