Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Dozen

Today, Tyler and I celebrate our 12 year anniversary...of being together as a couple. (on a side note, it is also the 12th anniversary of my graduation from high school). We have been through a lot in these dozen years and I can think of more than a dozen reasons why I'm happy he chose me. I knew even before we started dating, that if we did, it would be amazing and would last forever. He treated me better than any guy, or person, ever had before and really blew me off my feet. We dated for 3 years before he went on his mission, and then wrote to each other while he was gone. There was a time that I lost track of our goal (a time he likes to affectionately call my apostasy), but we were quickly back on track and in love. We have been married for nearly 7 years, and although I know now why we are together, in the past I was curious why he would be the guy for me, since we are so different...or so it appeared. The Lord has a plan and I can say for sure that Tyler was definitely part of His plan for me. He has supported me, pushed me, and made me laugh for a dozen years. Sometimes he aggravates me to no end, but I never question my commitment to him, or our marriage, neither his to me. Tyler, I love you, and will for many dozens of eons to come.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

I love you too Heather. You make everything about my life better. You really are my best friend and the love of my life.