Sunday, May 23, 2010

Feels like Home

This morning, as I sat awake with Logan for his 6am feeding I heard tiny footsteps in the hallway. We had a pretty late night from Janeen's grad, and I wasn't really excited about dealing with a 3 year old at 6am. I laid Logan safely on the bed and ventured out to see what was going on...but saw nothing. I swear I had heard footsteps. I looked in the kids room and saw the source of the noise. Max was laying in Lucy's bed with her and when he looked up and saw me, he got a sad/relieved look on his face and raised his arms towards me. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I didn't know you were here!" We had gotten home after the kids had gone to bed the night before. I told him we had been there for a long time and had been asleep in our bed. He then asked where Grandma and Bumpa were (because they had been there when he went to sleep) and I explained that they had gone home to their beds too. I guess he had gotten up and looked in the living room (where Grandma and Bumpa had been when he fell asleep) and saw no one there, so he assumed he was home alone. His natural reaction was to climb into bed with his sister Lucy...because that's a safe place. We took a quick trip to the potty and he settled back to sleep, realizing that all was right in his world again.

No comments: