Saturday, July 4, 2009

Frogs and Farmer's Markets

Saturday morning was another early one for me as I prepared to set up a booth at the Cochrane Farmer's Market for the first time. Ali and I had a great morning. We enjoyed getting out and seeing what else the market had to offer, as well as spending time together and showcasing our jewelry in a new platform. The morning started out cool and windy, which had us a bit worried as our stuff is pretty light and would take flight with the big gusts of wind. We implemented some good strategies, and the wind died down as the morning progressed, so we were able to manage. We were also situated in the shade of a nice tree, which I am sure was a prime spot on a sunny day, but being that it was a bit overcast and windy, we were freezing. We would take turns venturing out into the sunshine to warm up as the morning went on. Kari and Barrett were kind enough to watch my kids for me as Tyler was still away at Young Men's camp. I hear they had a great time visiting the pet store where Max touched 'a gross snake' and going for a walk, followed by lunch at McDonald's. Not too shabby. Ali and I had a fairly successful morning and are looking forward to setting our booth up again throughout the summer.
Tyler and Scott arrived home just after 3pm yesterday to the delight of Lucy...and me too. Max was napping so his delight came a little later. We visited for a while and Scott let us in on a little plan he was hatching. Once Max woke up and the boys were showered, we headed into the city for a little shopping and investigating. Can't say more now...all will be revealed in time.
When we arrived home we discovered a friendly little visitor on our doorstep, which Tyler quickly caught and brought inside for the kids to see. A frog. Cute, from a distance. The kids took turns holding the frog, which Lucy described as feeling 'wet' and watching it jump around our living room. Max was a bit hesitant to hold the frog, so Tyler thought it would be great to have me hold it so Max would get up the courage. I attempted and promised to hold it for a second. Scott said he wanted to take a picture and I said I didn't want to hold it for that long. Well, I held it long enough for the boys to get a good laugh and many pictures of me and the frog. Max then took his turn and then also decided Tyler should put it on his head. Actually, I'm not sure if the head idea was more Max's or Tyler's. Eventually we said goodnight to our frog and put him back outside to find his family.

1 comment:

Angi Gerrie said...

That is cool that you guys made it out to the farmer's market. You'll have to let us know when you next go so we will have a reason to check it out and I can stock up on some new earrings!