Friday, December 14, 2012

Ottawa

While Tyler was in meetings all day Friday, the kids and I played around the hotel.  Which normally could be pretty boring, but this hotel happened to be awesome.  It had a pool (which the kids love) and it had 2 play-rooms.  A teen-space with hockey, mini-golf, air-hockey, basketball net, pool table and shuffle board; and a kids play-room with a climber and slide, x-box and wii, toys, coloring books, and a fooze-ball table.  It was not hard to kill a few hours there.  We had a great time.

Of course, we heard the terrible news of the shootings in Newtown Connecticut.  It broke my heart.  I felt so grateful to have my kids with me, cuddling in a hotel bed, reading stories, rather than knowing they were at school and I couldn't be there to hug them.  Life is so scary sometimes.

Every day I pray that my children will be safe, and I give thanks for all the answers to prayers that I don't even think to ask for.  I know that the Lord is watching over them and doing for them things that I am not even aware of.

After a pizza dinner, we got bundled up and walked to the parliament building to check out the lights there.  They were kind of a let-down, but it was still cool to see the parliament building either way.








No comments: