Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Last night, as we went to bed, I said to Tyler, "I wonder if this will be the first year that our kids will wake US up on Christmas morning?"

The answer to that question is....no.  I woke up at about 7:45 and the house was quiet.  Got Logan up at about 8:15.  Max was up at 8:20 and the boys went to wake Lucy up at 8:30.  We heard her say, "I forgot it was Christmas!"  So present opening didn't start at our house till nearly 9:00.  So different from my childhood.  I remember sitting in Alison's room, watching the clock, watching the minutes turn from 6:59am to 7:00am, when we were finally allowed to go and wake up mom and dad.  My kids just like their sleep.  I'm ok with that.

Happy chaos ensued.



Whoopie Cushion.  Exactly what he asked for.  


Underwear!



















An iPod Touch from Grandma.  This gift resulted in shaking, happy tears. 


 A family blanket from Kari




Then we headed to Larocques for Christmas brunch.  We have such great friends.  We were worried about being lonely on Christmas day (well, I was), but I day was so full there wasn't time for loneliness.  Well, I felt a pang of loneliness when Sarah called to wish us a happy Christmas.  We were home in time for Logan to have a nap and for us to skype with families in Alberta.  Then it was quick showers and getting ready to go to our friends, the Haynes, for Christmas dinner.  Full day!  Kids were so pleased.  And Lucy was especially excited that we got another skiff of snow for Christmas morning.



The aftermath.

No comments: