Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Aim to Please

As if this week wasn't great already, we decided to add to the mix today a trip to the Splash Park.  We went to the library first, because, why not?  It's summertime.  I plan on spending a lot of time at the beach.  And I want to get my read on.

We decided to check out the splash park at the base.  Lucy went on a field trip there last week with her class and raved about it.  It's minutes away from our house and we haven't gone yet.  So today was the day.

I tried to find some shade and read the Ensign from this month.  Hoping it would give me some inspiration for my talk on Sunday.  As I was laying in the grass (while the kids ate lunch) I noticed a rainbow ring around the sun.  Pretty cool.  I didn't really get any inspiration about my talk, but I did have a brilliant idea of a gift that I want to get together for Lucy.  I wish I had prepared it for her birthday, but it'll have to just be a late gift.  I'm looking forward to working on it this week so I can give it to her as soon as possible.  More on that later.  
While we were there, the Ice cream Truck showed up.  I had some American money left in the van from our trip, so I decided to splurge.  The kids exclaimed, "This is the best day of my life!"  and proceeded to explain why, "Splash park, ice-cream truck, chips, AND a green apple!  Mom's awesome!"  I had no idea a green apple could induce so much excitement.
The ice-cream was a good break to dry off before we headed to the park half of the splash park.  It was fun there too, but it started to get hot, so we headed home.  Not much shade to be had at that splash park.





Logan loves these little windows and pretending to order food through them.  Here he is requesting 5 hot dogs.  


While Logan napped, I spent the afternoon working on mine and the kid's talks for sunday.  And getting us organized for soccer tonight.  Good times.  

No comments: