Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mmmm-Tastes Good!

Today, we headed back to the sugar shack to collect all the sap that had poured through the week. We were planning to be there much earlier than when we got there, but it turned out our snowsuits were all still soaking wet from our tobogganing last night, so they ended up in the dryer for a while.

I woke up with a possibly dangerous ache in my low back, so I told Tyler that a lot of the work would be up to him. He got all the kids organized with their coats, boots, mittens, and hats. We got out to Lalonde's and he discovered he'd forgotten his own jacket. He'll get this mom thing eventually.

The day looked liked this:

Hanging in the Sugar Shack where the boil was going on:


Collecting sap from the trees and putting them in the collection barrel:

Packing snow around the barrel to keep it cold:

Logan heartbroken, because Dad and Max left on the quad (He called it a tractor) without him:

Being soothed by Hot Chocolate:


When the hot chocolate ran out, he decided to take matters into his own hands, and find the tractor himself. That little dot of a person is him. He would take a few steps and then turn to look at me to see if I was coming. Which I was not, because I knew the tractor was coming right back to get us, and my back ache was convincing ME to wait. HE was not convinced. This is how far I let him get before I followed him.

Making taffy in the snow:

Eating Taffy:



And riding back to the car on sleds behind the tractor:



Max took a tumble at one point:

And decided to ride with dad:

No comments: