Saturday, February 4, 2012

I thought they smelt bad...on the outside!

My kids are REALLY into Star Wars. Or they're getting there. We've watched all 6 episodes with them before. We have spent each saturday for the last 3 watching them again. Today, we're on Episode 3. As a result, a lot of our playing involves Star Wars themed games. Light-saber wars, R2D2 (or bee-boo-beep-beep, as Logan calls him) Trouble, and the most popular? Tauntaun rides. Basically a piggy-back with a little more bounce in your step. My dad used to give them to us as kids ALL the time. My kids love them. They love giving them, and getting them.


Tyler claims that he has NEVER gotten a Tauntaun ride in his life. So he tried to claim one from Max today.

Today was mostly supposed to be a fun day, but since yesterday was already a fun day, and Thursday was a busy day, my house is starting to show some wear-and-tear. I haven't vacuumed in about 3 days, and that is a very long stint in our house. Seriously, there were a LOT of crumbs under the table. So before the fun could begin, I demanded a little cleaning. I vacuumed and washed floors while the kids wiped cupboards and doorknobs and Tyler worked on the garage. Worked out pretty great.

Then we got dressed and headed out to the park to meet some friends.


Had a little snack at the park

and then went to check out the big trucks, tractors, snow-plows and diggers they had on display as part of Feb-Fest. Their tag-line, "Come see all the big trucks and snow-plows...since they're not being used right now!" No snow maze or slide, but you can check out, and sit in some cool trucks, since they're not out busy shovelling snow. Alright.







Lucy had a birthday party to go to this afternoon. It was a bowling party. She was so excited. She was nervous when I dropped her off so I stayed for a few minutes. We were 2 minutes later getting there then her friends, so she ended up being set up on a different bowling lane than them. Bummer. But she did get to bowl with the birthday girl, so hopefully that works out.

She's pretty awful at bowling - gutter ball! But she loves it, so it was great.


Tonight? Smokies and some more Star Wars. Plus haircuts for my boys. Sounds great to me.

A few weeks ago as we were running out the door to church, I got a run in my nylons (isn't that always the way?!). I quickly ran upstairs and ripped those ones off, tossed them on the floor and put another pair on. When we got home from church and all headed upstairs to change out of our Sunday clothes, Logan found the old nylons lying on the floor...this is what ensued:


No comments: