Wednesday, January 6, 2010

For Posterity

As I sat visiting with my girlies today at mom's house, I was recounting all the cute things that had happened over the last few weeks to my fam and realized that I needed to record these things, because they're just too cute to forget. Did I mention already that I have the cutest kids?

1) While in Edmonton, we didn't have any stories to read the kids at bedtime, so Tyler decided to tell stories instead. One night, he told the kids about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's and the Strippling Warriors. They enjoyed the story and settled off to bed. A few days ago, as the kids were running around the house shooting each other with Max's guns, Lucy said, "Hey Max! How about we play a new game? Let's pretend to bury our weapons and promise not to fight anymore!" Seriously - so worth everything.

2) One of Lucy and Max's favorite games right now is playing Pregnant Mommy/Doctor. Lucy puts one of her dolls up her shirt and pretends she's pregnant, and Max is the doctor and helps her get it out. She usually lays on her bed and Max pulls the baby out from her shirt. (If only that was how easy it was). Well, the other day, Tyler and I were in our room and we could hear the kids playing this usual game in Lucy's room, only with a twist this time. It went something like this:
Max: "Push! Push!!"
Lucy: "Ugggghhhh!"
Seriously?! Where do they learn this stuff?!

3) Today at Grandma's as they played with the dollhouse, we heard:
Lucy (with the mommy doll): "Honey! Dinner is ready"
Max (with the daddy doll): "Just a second sweetie! I have to finish this."
Lucy: "Ok honey, but dinner is on the table!" (a little agitation in her voice)
Max: "I'll be right there!" (equally agitated voice)

Oh boy!

We also had a baby doctor appointment yesterday. The doctor was really sweet to the kids, and pretended the Doppler she uses to hear the baby's heartbeat was more like a walkie-talkie for her to talk to the baby, and for him to tell her things to pass on to Lucy and Max. She told them that Logan said: "I won't be able to play much until the summer comes, I will mostly just do a lot of sleeping, but I'm really excited to see you guys, and I love you lots." I'm not sure if my kids fell for it, but it was still sweet. Oh yeah, and as we were leaving the doctor's office, Max said, "Mommy, when I turn into a girl and have a baby in my tummy, I will be able to hear it's heartbeat too." A little more education needed there I guess.

No comments: