Saturday, March 10, 2007

Nana's Birthday

Today we celebrated Tyler's Great-Grandma's birthday at her retirement villa in Bowness. She is 97 years old and shows now signs of quiting. We love getting together with her because she is always good for a laugh. She was speaking with her daughter and asked her if she would ever get remarried. Her daughter said maybe, and Nana said, "Not me, they're just interested in me for my money anyway." She has a pretty bad memory, which also makes her (and us) laugh as well. At one point last night, her daughter-in-law Sigrid was reading her birthday cards to her. She concluded reading one and said, "That's from Glen and Sig". Nana responded by saying, "Oh, they're not here, are they." Sigrid laughed and said, "Mom, that's us!" Then her son, Glen, teased her and asked her, "Nana, who am I?" "You're Glen." "And are we related?" "Yes, I think I'm your mother!" Her oldest daughter then chimed in and said, "You are his mother, I was there mom!" Everyone laughed.

She enjoyed visiting with everyone and playing yahtzee. So far, Lucy is the only great-great-grandchild, so we have 5 living generations on that side of the family. The new baby will be the second. We had a fun evening and Lucy enjoyed playing with the "old toys", such as the wheelchair.

Happy Birthday sweet Nana.

No comments: