Sunday, March 11, 2007

30th Year

Today we got together at my parent's house after church to celebrate Mike and Tyler's birthdays. (Mike turned 29 on the 10th and Tyler will be 26 on the 20th). We enjoyed a feast of chicken enchiladas and fudgsicles. The best part of the evening (and most evenings) is watching Lucy and Emma interact with each other. Being so close in age is going to be a lot of fun for them growing up. Just as it was getting to be the time for Lucy to go to bed and Emma to go home, the girls decided they wanted to race. They ran around and around my parent's main floor for about 10 minutes straight.
They had all of us laughing so hard with their antics, which made them just try harder. At one point we cheered for them as they came into the living room (Lucy in front every time) and Emma ran over to a chair, put her head on it and started to cry. At first we thought she was sad because Lucy won the race, but Mike interpreted it as just being sad that the race was over. They took many more spins around the house to ensure they were satisfied. We took a lot of pictures and video clips of the girls and Lucy enjoyed taking a rest from her marathon to watch some video on Mike's camera.
It was nice to visit with family and spend some low-key time together. Mike and Tyler each got a Disney DVD from my parents (Fox and the Hound for Mike and Robin Hood for Tyler) and a FutureShop gift card to buy more DVDs.
At one point during the evening, my niece Jillian, who is 5, told me that I look like Santa. I'm assuming she meant my jolly demeanor and not my jolly waist-line. I guess tact is not something a 5-year-old is built with.

No comments: