Wednesday, October 28, 2015

When reality is better than you imagined.

The plan today was to enjoy the beach and the ocean for a few hours before the weather turned on us.  It was a great plan.  And even better than the plan for the day was the reality of the day.

We started down at the beach as planned.  Got a few chapters read with my feet up. 


The surf was so calm today.  And barely a breeze.  The ocean called to us...and we answered.  Yes. 


We swam.  Floated.  Laughed.  Walked.  Loved it. 

I insisted we play in the sand, even for a few minutes because it's the beach.  



We collected seashells.


Clouds started rolling in, so we moved up to the pool (in theory to rinse off)



The clouds rolled in...and then rolled out again.  So we stayed by the pool.  


Ate guacamole. 



It was fantastic.  But my few minutes out of the shade to build my sand turtle and collect shells was a few minutes too much and I ended up with a wicked burn on my legs...that appears to be getting more wicked as the day wears on.  


We finished the day relaxing in our room; going to the gym; and finally out to dinner.  

Casa Tequila.  It was delicious.  We shared the Mexican platter and enjoyed Tacos (beef and pork), quesadillas, enchiladas, stuffed peppers, Mexican rice, Limonada, and guacamole.  Finishing with coconut ice cream.  I will miss my Mexican food.  


So a plan for beach and ocean turned out to be good.  Better.  Best.  

No comments: