Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A day in Paradise

Today was definitely a day in paradise.  A day where you finish it exhausted and happy and fall into bed.  

Each day in Mexico has been beautiful and relaxing with nothing to do except eat and lay by the pool.  It took me a few days to get used to relaxing and I constantly felt like there was something I should be doing that I wasn't.  But I was doing exactly what was expected.  

But even relaxing can get tiring.  So today we made plans.  Plans feel good.  Especially when the plans consist mostly of relaxing...

The day started earlier than most as Tyler had to chair a meeting at 7am.  I tried to sleep longer but it just wasn't happening, so I got up and headed to the gym.  

Run! I'm so proud of myself - however I realized today that I'm running at sea level here and when I get home the elevation is much higher.  Bummer...

Our plan for today was to head to Akumal so Tyler and some of his friends could go diving.  We rented a van and headed out once everyone's morning obligations were taken care of.  

It's about an hour and 20 minute drive.  So we laughed and chatted all the way there.  Then the group went for their dive and Karen and I sat on a new beach to relax, read, visit, and drink fruity drinks.  So it was mostly the same plan in a different location but it was nice to have a plan.  


We were on a tight time schedule since everyone had work dinners to get back to but we grabbed a few tacos to go before leaving Akumal.  

We came back to the hotel to enjoy a beautiful Mexican sunset and a visit with our kiddos


Then it was our dinner at El Moterro with Tyler's Calgary team.  It was a restaurant we were wanting to try so we were excited to go...

Food was average.  Company was good.  And I had garlic shrimp which I enjoyed.  

And guacamole.  Can I live on guacamole?  Is that a valid life choice?  I'm seriously considering it...

Plus they had Mexican serenading band:


We finished the night with a walk through downtown so we could get some Haagen Daas.  

A great day.  Now I have fallen into bed exhausted and am looking forward to a relaxing day tomorrow.  

With guacamole.  

No comments: