Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Viva la Mexico

It feels like it's been a long day of not much happening.  We started early this morning (getting up at 6:00am) after finishing late last night.  

The day was full of adventure as Tyler had discovered his TA had borrowed his laptop charge cord and adapter and hadn't returned it.  Two things that are very necessary for this 'business trip' to Mexico.  

He ended up with an upset stomach on the way to the airport and we came screeching into the airport so he could rush to the bathroom while I parked the car.  

Then we found a WestJet agent who could help us purchase a charge cord at the airport.  The Apple Store was in a different concourse than where we needed to be, so we didn't have access. We ended up back and forth through airport security 3 times between dealing with broken ATM machines, Apple stores and not emptying a water bottle...
Kathleen (our WestJet angel) was very helpful and we ended up boarding just a few minutes after finally sitting everything out.  What else did we have to do with our 2 hours of time...

We weren't seated together for the flight initially but were able to switch seats with another gentleman and it worked out.  There were a few babies and children surrounding us on the plane and it made me miss my kiddos.  

Watched San Andreas in the plane.  It was cheesy and predictable but it passed some of the time.  The I attempted to nap for a bit and watched some more.  A 5 hour flight is pretty boring.  And I'm undetermined if it feels longer when you have nothing to do, or when you're wrestling kids the entire time.  

After checking into our beautiful hotel we showered and headed for dinner.  So far it's proving a challenge to find and explain 'gluten free' in Mexico, but we're working at it.  We had a beautiful dinner beachside 


And once I had a piña colada and let me feet touch the ocean, I finally felt like I was on vacation.  



Plus this nighttime photo gives the illusion that I have a tan.  

I think Tyler and I don't really know what to do without the busyness of dealing with kids so there's been a lot of 'now what?!'  I'm sure we'll get the hang of vacation and relaxation eventually...

Now I get to go to bed when I want to, and wake up when I want to.  And hopefully my anxiety will allow me to sleep well.  

Boy I love my kiddos.  

Viva la Mexico! 

No comments: