Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 24


"Atonement of Jesus Christ", True to the Faith, pages 14-20

How does the revealed word enhance our understanding of the atonement?

Mosiah 4:6-7

Pg 16 - "Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
"Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life." (D&C 45:4-5)

The revealed word is all I have on the atonement of Jesus Christ.  I have no other knowledge or testimony except what I have gained from it.  And the fact that every time I read, I learn and understand more gives me pause.  I am amazed that the Lord will continue to reveal to my mind and heart everything about Him and this glorious gift.  Believe on His name.  I can do that.  

Mosiah 4:9 - Believe in God, believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.  


My theme?  Probably.  All I can do is believe that I don't comprehend everything and trust that there are answers out there and a plan and I will just keep trying and just keep believing.  

No comments: