Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Easter Challenge

I had the opportunity this past weekend to attend a regional conference meeting in Brampton.  Elder Bednar and his wife came to meet with and give training to the leadership of this area.  So Tyler, being the Branch President, got to attend a meeting with Elder Bednar.  And I represented our Primary organization in a meeting with Sister Bednar.  

At church the next day, we attended a wars in Etobicoke and got to hear an.announcement from their Stake Presidency about a proposed media fast that they were encouraging all members to participate in during the week of March 28th leading up to General Conference. I thought it was an inspired idea and plan to participate and will write more about that as it happens.  

Their Stake Presidency also has created a Scripture Study calendar running from March 22nd to Sunday April 20th (Easter Sunday) on the Atonement to help prepare for Easter.  I got a copy of the calendar and decided to participate.  Each day has scriptures and/or videos from lds.org on the atonement and asks questions.  I'm hopeful as I participate that my understanding of the atonement increases but mostly that my testimony of it increases and that I will feel peace.  

No comments: