Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shaking my fist at Montreal!

We're back in Montreal baby.  And I hate it.  No literally.  The traffic here is way past my limit of tolerance and it's make me feel all choky and claustrophobic and panicky.  I don't like it.  Montreal is not beautiful.  At least not the traffic part.  I feel like I'm stuck in some post WWII European country that has been bombed within an inch of life and then I'm supposed to make my way through the rubble and grime...along with 100,000 other people.  At a snails pace.  When you have places to be.

I hate it.

On a happier note, we went to Old Montreal for the evening.  And I loved it.  I loved walking the cobblestone streets in a slight drizzle and peering into little shop windows.  My kids enjoyed it too.






This gate totally reminded me of Mission Impossible.  I had to take a picture

We walked along Old Port where my dad and his family first came to when they traveled from England.
And!  By the time we were done in Old Montreal and ready to head to our hotel, the traffic had eased up 'slightly' and we only took a wrong turn one time and we made it.

Of course it was 9pm and no one had eaten anything, so we made what was supposed to be a quick trip to the grocery store next to our hotel to get some fruit and bread.  I forgot that a trip to the grocery store with my dad is never quick.  Oy vey!

But I must admit, sitting in my bed, with my wee ones asleep all around me while I checked out the interwebs and ate a huge chunk of a baguette and apple felt really great.

I love bread.  Montreal, you are forgiven.

No comments: