Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Out with the Old in with the New?

I'm loving that we're getting opportunities here and there to watch the Olympics with the kids.  The other night we were watching swimming and a guy from China was beating the world record by a long shot.

Max: "Where's he from?"
Me: "China."
Max: "China isn't in Canada is it?  It's a country, right?"
Me: "yes."
Max: "But it's part of the world, right?  We can still cheer for the world!"

That's the spirit Max.  Team Humanity!

We have said goodbye to my sister and her kids and hello to my little sister.  Alison decided they needed to leave early so they could get home and organize this wedding that's coming up.

Before they left, I promised to take Jillian to a splash park, so that's what we did.  She seemed to enjoy it.  Tyler also had a dentist appointment that day, thinking he had a cavity but it turns out his back tooth is cracked from his root canal.  He needs a crown.  It's a good thing we have dental coverage now!  I imagine we will all be at the dentist here in the next few weeks.  Hooray for benefits!
We also watched the movie "Mirror Mirror" tonight while we ate pizza.  It was a cheezy movie, but the kids like it.  My nephew went to a movie with a girl from our branch.  They went and saw Brave.  Her mom and my mom joined them to chaperone.  It was sweet that he took his Grandma.  He said he was nervous to go by himself.  I'm really proud of my niece and nephew.  They have tried really hard to be friendly and open with people here and have made some great friends.

Then it was time to make the trek to Ottawa to drive them to the airport and pick Sam up.  They passed each other in the hallway in security so they were able to see each other for a moment.
Sam is only in Kingston for one night before we leave for Montreal, so we decided to take her down by the water too, so she could see our beautiful city.


It was much warmer this time and the bugs were out in full swing.  The boys wore bathing suits, thinking they'd go swimming, but only dipped for a bit.


Then we headed to Menchies for some frozen yogurt.  MMMMM.  Menchies!




Tomorrow we leave for Montreal.  Our plan is to go to the Science Center, swim in the hotel pool and check out Old Montreal all before we go to a wedding.  I'm excited.  I haven't been to Montreal since I was about 8 years old...and I don't remember much except my Grandma's house.

No comments: