Sunday, July 10, 2011

Feeling it

The countdown couldn't be more official now. We're staring down our last 4 days in Alberta. And I'm feeling it. I've said it before that I try REALLY hard to focus on the to-do list and not on the reality of departure, but every now and again it's there.

We went down to Cardston this weekend so we could go see Janeen in her show, 'Happy Day's (at the carriage house theatre now through August, it was awesome, everyone should go - shameless plug). We went to see the show and to say goodbye. It was the first goodbye for immediate family.

Today we are in Okotoks for my nephew's baby blessing and I know a lot of goodbyes on my side of the family will be happening today. And I'm feeling it. It's like an itch you can't scratch. It's inevitable and I can't push it off or away or out of my head any longer.

In 4 days we will live 2898 kilometers away from all if our family.

According to Jeff Foxworthy, Canadians measure distance in hours. That's 4 hours by plane. 30 hours by car. Too far to measure by foot. That's a long distance considering it is about a minute by foot to Grandma's house currently.

I'm feeling it.

No comments: