Friday, July 16, 2010

Sarah's Bridal Shower


Last night, the kids and I attended a bridal shower for Sarah at the Christensen's. A lot of the family was out of town, so we were pleased to attend and represent the Williamson's. The theme of the Shower was Mexican - as you can see by the decorations and food.


Louise had a playroom set-up that the kids enjoyed and was a relief to me. Tyler had a dinner meeting, so I had to bring all the kids with me, and I was worried about having to take care of things and entertain on my own.

With every gift Sarah opened, the person who gave the gift was asked to give her a piece of advice. She got all sorts of advice, including: attending the temple often, never go to bed angry, stop everything and greet each other when you get home (with a 10-second kiss), assume nobility of intent, don't let the fire die (a marriage is like two logs on a fire - they stay close enough to keep each other warm, but give each other distance so they can breath). It was good advice for those who have been married for a while to hear too. Tyler and I tried the 10-second kiss when he got home, and it was a long time...but enjoyable - no complaints here. Now he teases me each time we kiss because he thinks I'm always counting.

We had designed a 50s-themed apron for her with her favorite colors and her initial embroidered on it, and she loved it. She got lots of cookbooks, which she was equally excited about, and a 2-person 72-hour kit from her mom and Janeen. As we left, the kids each took a handful of Mike and Ike candies and said, "I'm taking these so we NEVER forget this fun place!" They pretty much only feel that way about Grandma's houses...so Louis should feel very proud.

No comments: