Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First Tastes, and First Steps


Today, Logan had his first taste if real food...in the form of infant rice cereal. I think he liked the taste of it...it's just a new concept to try and keep the food in his mouth, and get it off the spoon. He made a few funny, sour faces, but then made his "uhhh!" sounds when I stopped. As we ate dinner tonight, he kept trying to reach for my plate and was licking his lips as we ate, so I poured him some more cereal. I'm sure he looks at our food and then his own and figures there's no way they taste the same. It's a work in progress buddy...you'll get to smokies and potatoes soon enough!

On another note...this morning as Tyler poured himself a bowl of cheerios, he discovered a bug...burrowed into one of the cheerios - which prompted HIM to dump them in the garbage, the two of US to lose our appetites and skip breakfast, and the WHOLE family to head to Cochrane to buy containers to keep all our dry goods in. It's suprising that we haven't done this sooner, as we've always had a problem with mice...but they seem to avoid our cereal. So now our cereal cupboard is full of beautifully clean containers instead of cardboard boxes. And we bought a few extra for pasta and rice. I am 1/100th of the way towards my ikea dream kitchen.

No comments: