Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat?

What a fabulous halloween night we had. The weather was amazing. I can't remember a time when we were able to go out without snowsuits and boots covering our amazing costumes. Of course, when I purchased Lucy's costume this year, I figured snowsuits would be a part of the deal, so I got it a bit bigger than normal, so we had to deal with a too big costume, but it was well worth it to be able to walk around in a near sweat because of the weather.
The kids were so excited about trick-or-treating this year. When Max woke up in the morning, I asked him if he knew what day it was. He said, 'Haween'. And I asked him, "Do you know what you get on Halloween?" and he said, "Canny!" Start 'em young I guess. Lucy went out in her tinkerbell costume and Max wore the fireman suit we made. We completed the costumes with a little fairy dust on Lucy's cheeks and some soot from the fireplace on Max's.
Max was a little cranky when it finally came time to go out, so he made us carry him from house to house, until one lady handed out little plastic Halloween rings, and that totally made his night, and changed his mood. Lucy and Emma were quick to run to every door. We were out by 6:45 and home before 8, with the loot dumped out on Grandma's carpet.
It was a fun time, and I hope next year is just as nice! I love Christmas, but Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday. Maybe I'm biased.
Here's a few pictures of some other gouls hanging around Grandma's house. That person in the background is actually Tyler, wearing a perfect "Great Grandma" costume. I think he pulled it off pretty well.
Officer SlamHere's mom. She's not wearing a costume, but I thought I'd get a picture anyway. She got a few strange looks at work apparently. There is a German couple working in her building, and they had no idea what Halloween was, or why everyone looked so weird that day.
Dude and Becca

No comments: