Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tag!

So I'm participating because Erica called me out on her blog to see if I'm as practical as I seem. I'm not sure if she meant me when she said Heather, but I'm assuming (you know what happens when you assume...)

5 Placed I've Lived
(since I haven't lived anywhere exotic, I will break this down into communities of Calgary that I have lived in!)
  • Ranchlands (this has made up the majority of my life)
  • Citadel
  • Hidden Valley
  • Cochrane
  • And now, a little slice of heaven, just north of Cochrane

5 Snacks I love

  • sour gummies (or chewies, as Max calls them)
  • crackers
  • strawberries
  • cereal
  • nachos

5 Jobs I've Had

  • Janitor at Ranchlands Community Center
  • DQ Swirl girl (they don't actually call it that, but I was pretty good at making that little swirl)
  • Walmart cashier (very short lived! I worked there over thanksgiving, and decided I didn't want to try Christmas)
  • Receptionist/Executive Assistant/Event Planner (varied places)
  • Mom! (this is the best one, plus I get to be a jewelry designer on the side)

If I had a million dollars I would.....(I'm assuming this is where Erica thinks I will be practical)

  • Pay off my mortgage so our rental income would be complete gain...and build my dream house
  • Put money in my kids RESP's.
  • Take my kids to Disneyland for their birthdays. What better time to go then with a 4 year old and 2 year old. That place is made for kids that age.
  • Keep money in the bank so that Tyler could focus solely on achieving his PhD, and not worrying about paying bills.
  • And one frivolous thing: I'd buy a Mini-Cooper because I think they're cute, but completely impractical when you have 2 car-seats and strollers, etc.

5 things I love

  • Being organized (amen!)
  • Max's little boy ways
  • Lucy's laugh
  • Tyler
  • Family

5 people who should do this tag...

  • whoever wants to...enjoy!
So, I don't think that was COMPLETELY practical...

1 comment:

Erica said...

Yes I did mean you! I enjoyed reading about your choices and hope you one day get to drive that impractical Mini Cooper!