Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Bird-Day

I guess I should make a quick note about my birthday, although it feels funny to write something about yourself. But hey...it was great. On Thursday morning I walked into Lucy's room to say good morning and was greeted by a beautiful red-head, lying in bed, stretching, with a smile on her face and then the sweet words, "Happy Birthday mommy!" I'm not sure if she was excited for my birthday, or because she knew it meant halloween was only one more sleep away, but nonetheless, I enjoyed the sentiment. We headed in to my mom's house in the afternoon to hang out and so she could watch the kids that evening while Tyler and I went out for dinner. We headed to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant just off Bow Trail and had a fabulous, filling, and completely delicious meal for less than $25. I love it! The restaurant is awesome and the food is great. We've become pretty good friends with the owner and he always has our food out to us so quickly that it's hard to savor the time away from kids. Before we left my mom's house she told us not to rush, but since our meal was done in about 30 minutes, we decided to head over to Walmart to buy some new movies...one of my other favorite things. We got a handful and headed home to pick up our kids. We were rushing a bit, so that we could get them into bed and settle in to watch "The Office". We started watching one of our new movies, "The Rock", which is an oldie, but one we hadn't seen. The rest of the birthday festivities happened on Sunday, when we headed back to my parent's for a birthday dinner with the whole family. My mom made a fabulous roast beast dinner with all the trimmings, which includes two kinds of potatoes (mashed and roast) because I'm a potato girl. Mom and Sam even skipped out on their choir rehearsal for the evening to spend some time. And if anyone knows their choir director, that is grounds for execution, so I appreciate the gesture. It was a pretty awesome birthday and I'm excited about 28...it's gonna be a good year. Oh, and presents: I got a new watch from my hubby, which is cool and way more fashionable than any other part of me, a book that I am so excited to read from my in-laws and a mini crockpot and a food processor from my parents, because I love to cook. Oh, and an "Office" themed birthday card from my sister. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Jennie n Jeff said...

Hope it was a good one!! Your kids looked so cute in there costumes!! And you know you are a good parent when your 1 1/2 yr old knows Halloween... Baure was walsking around singing this is halloween...