Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Life-Lesson: Darn Darn

Taking a hint from my friend's blog, here is a life lesson I learned yesterday:

When your toddler crawls upstairs and then gets really quiet...go and check on him. I came upstairs to see Logan sitting at the top of the basement stairs with a bag of hamburger buns from the pantry. He had taken a fist-full out of each bun and was scarfing it down as quickly as possible. So now I have a bag full of useless-halfeaten buns.

(caught)

(what?!)

CHECK IT

Or better yet...make sure the pantry door is closed.

So now he gets to eat bits of hamburger bun with every meal...because, what else am I going to do with them?

Of course, this made a terribly crumbly mess all over the floor right before the missionaries arrived, and right AFTER I had already finished my panicked 'missionary-prep cleaning'. Sigh.

This same blogger friend also gave me an awesome cookbook for winning a contest on her blog (basically, I'm the best follower EVER!) and I've been eyeing a recipe for Cookie Sundae Cups for a while now. Her daughter made them a few days ago and they turned out great...so this inspired me to try them out myself. I used my mom's MOST AWESOME chocolate chip cookie recipe (So awesome, that they are known as Darn Tasty's). Lucky missionaries. They were so sweetly, chewy, chocolate-chippy delicious.

And the left-over dough was used to make cookies (that will only last till the end of today, I'm sure). We gave some to the garbage man this morning (as per last week's promise), and have been snacking on them all day. Lucy said they should be called Darn Darn Tasty's. Agreed.

1 comment:

Catherine Dabels said...

Now I want cookie in a cup. And a hamburger.

p.s. the link doesn't work. But thanks for the shout out!