Friday, March 18, 2011

Countdown to Birthday

On Wednesday we went crazy. Did a lot of running around. What am I talking about...this whole week has been like that. Getting ready for a 4-year-old birthday party and a 30-year-old birthday party. We took Max shopping for his present. He decided he wanted a suit for his birthday, so he could look like Dad. Seriously, that is the cutest notion I have ever heard. So we went to try them on and I nearly died. Look at how handsome he is.

We went to this store in Dalhousie station called Sweet Cheeks and bough him a 5-piece suit. He ordered it in black, because that is what Dad has. I thought the green looked really handsome too.

We started the morning with Logan on the potty. I know, I know. 13-months seems a bit young for potty training, but he was in the tub and started making èthe faceè and since I hate cleaning that stuff out of the tub, i plunked him on the toilet as fast as I could. The kids thought it was hilarious. He did not like it until he saw how much the kids DID, and then it was content to sit there for a while.

We ended the day with naps in the van (Logan and Max) and a trip to the Doctor. Loganès nap was intentional. Maxès was due to the fact that he is so used to taking naps in the van, that if we drive anywhere in the afternoon and I donèt have something to distract him with, he will fall asleep.

Doctor concluded that Logan has 2 ear infections, just as I suspected. Hopefully the antibiotics will help him to sleep! Because it is getting a bit ridiculous. Add teething to that and patience is wearing thin. I actually bought one of those amber teething necklaces for him. I am hoping it works. He looks a bit like a pimp wearing it, but hey, whatever works so I donèt have to administer Tylenol every 4 hours for the next 6 months would be great.

The week has been crazy since then. Today is more birthday prep. Balloons, cupcakes, etc. Max is a bit down today because Lucy has gone to play at a friends house and he just doesnèt understand why he canèt go, or why she wonèt stay home to play with him. Itès a hard thing to explain to. The reasons are reasonable, but they still suck. Maybe I can distract him by having him help me make Rice Krispie Squares.

No comments: