Monday, December 8, 2008

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Lucy and I headed outside for some fresh air this afternoon while Max had a nap. It took us about 15 minutes of bundling up before we even got outside, and wouldn't you know it, I still forgot kleenex. We got a huge dump of snow yesterday while we were at church. So much so, that the road was actually closed when we finished church and some people were stranded there. We decided to take the back (longer) way home since we just put snow tires on our van, and made it home fine. As we headed outside today, we discovered that the snow wasn't really useful for making snowmen or even snow balls, so Lucy and I made angels and drew pictures in the snow. I drew my classic "Tyler" cartoon and she made a happy-face of mom. I also convinced her to try tasting snow (it took a few minutes, even after I had done it a couple of times myself) and then couldn't get her to stop. After convincing her, I of course, had to teach her the lesson of only eating white snow and never anything else. We had a pretty fun time, and had some rosey cheeks by the time we came inside. I had promised her some warm apple cider, and then discovered we were out, so she had to (happily) settle for a 'chewie' instead (candy). It was fun to have some girl-time. We don't get it very often. Although we're an even split right now at our house, sometimes Lucy and I feel out-numbered by our much louder boys.

2 comments:

Alison said...

You can let Lucy know that Cy is also currently obsessed with eating snow :)

Erica said...

Looks like you had a good time! She looks really cute all bundled up.