Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Progress is my middle name

The work on the outside of our house in preparation for winter is in full swing. I have spent the week weeding, unloading two truck-loads of dirt around our house, buying trees, planting trees, and today we drove out to Balzac to buy a truck-load of sod and began laying. (ps. the truck has no A/C, so choosing the hottest day of the week to go was done out of necessity and not choice). I have done things this week that I have never done before, and am feeling pretty proud. I'm amazed at my drive to keep going when my body is clearly ready to stop. I've fallen into bed each night exhausted and woken up in the morning achey. I got so dirty yesterday shoveling that every time I scratched my head I got dirt in my fingernails and when I woke up this morning there was dirt all over the sheets and pillow.
This evening's ventures had me laying sod while Tyler was at his Young Men's activity. Max came outside to check my progress every once in a while and to take a turn on the new grass with his bare feet, something we have been unable to do on the farm up to this point. I'll have to check my work in the morning as the last bit of sod I laid was mostly in the cover of dark, so I have no idea how straight it is. It's coming along, and I'm looking forward to enjoying the finished product.

2 comments:

henline crew said...

looking good. I love how Max looks like he's peeing on the plants. That would be some powerful peeing

Jennie n Jeff said...

Hey... you know they have this stuff called shampoo to get dirty out.... it works really well... you should try it sometime... looks good!