Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bear with the Oldies - Boys will be Boys

My mom grew up in a family of all girls...well, she has a younger brother, but he is so much younger, that she was pretty much moved out before there was a possibility of any relationship there. Tyler's mom has one brother, who is just a few years older than her, and a sister who is younger. My point being, that neither mother has experienced life with multiple brothers, and what that does to a family dynamic, and how they "get along." My brother, growing up, would wrestle A LOT. Sometimes in playing, sometimes in anger, but it was a quick way to get over a disagreement, or just to let off some steam. My dad, growing up with 2 brothers of his own, and experiencing many rug burns, noogies, broken windows, broken bed frames, etc, etc, had no problem with my brothers fighting, as he knew it was just boy stuff. Tyler's dad feels the same way as he grew up with a rowdy brother himself. He often joins in the wrestling matches even now. So when Tyler and Jason go at it, as they often do, their mom gets stressed (although now it's more because she worried about her furniture, and less about them). I say, hey, I'd rather Tyler be wrestling Jason than picking on me. I couldn't wait for Jason to get home from his mission so Tyler would stop trying to take his male-driven angst out on me.

2 comments:

Alison said...

do you find it happens more in 'sunday' clothes? i'm guessing by the attire the boys are wearing that it is sunday, because who wears those kind of clothes on a daily basis. you know, i just thought of someone :)

M said...

LOL, at the thought of Ken, Dad, and Uncle Chris trying to go at it now!! Im sure they had some gooders growing up though. Who do you think won the most?