Friday, May 1, 2015

Guilty pleasure

So most days Tyler is responsible for getting Logan to school on his way to work.  And I pick him up.  It works out well with Seth's napping and most days it's easy.  Today, Tyler had to be at work early so he couldn't drive Logan and it was up to me...and I copped out.  I totally kept him home because I have a birthday party to get ready for and knew I needed Seth to sleep well.  

Most days Logan is totally on board with skipping school and we usually have to convince him to go.  But for se reason today he really wanted to go and I really didn't!  So I promised (read: bribed) him with a fun day with mom to stay home.  

Guilty.  

So we got ready quickly and headed to the park first where we played some imagination game he invented that involved squids and pirates and steering the ship.  And Seth sat in a swing.  Then we followed a treasure map home to check for treasure (in the form of checking the mail).  There was only an invisible note written with invisible ink.  (Read: empty mailbox).  Logan decoded our notes while Seth and I ate cereal.  

The blue star

Magic potion

Below the cliff



What does it mean?  Who knows, but we did some Science experiments to figure it out.  



Once our experimenting was complete Seth went for a nap and Logan and I played cards and made paper airplanes.  

We fed Seth and ate French fries.  

Then he set up a car wash in the sink while I got food ready for the party.  

We flew airplanes and made another treasure map.  



And now he gets a few minutes of iPad time while I put the last touches on the party while Seth sleeps again.  It's been fun and exhausting but I definitely don't feel guilty.  We'll see if that lasts when Tyler gets home.  

It was a lot better than sitting and watching tv or doing chores all day.  We had super fun and I'm glad.  It's ok to miss school for that, right?  





No comments: