Sunday, October 20, 2013

It's a good day

Surprisingly so...even though yesterday ended SO late and today seemed to start SO early.  

I went to a ladies night last night.  With my ladies.  We started earlier than usual - 7:30pm - with the hopes of ending earlier (I think) than we usually do.  I got home at 2:35am.  Is that earlier than usual?  I've learnt that starting earlier does not equate finishing earlier...just to enjoying each other's company longer.  Not a bad thing. 

6:30am came waaay to fast.  Fortunately all I had to do was roll over and tell my husband his alarm was going off so he could get up for Branch Presidency Meeting.  Than I rolled over and slept until 7:45.  Still harsh.  

But, in spite of myself and my sleep hangover, I had a greatly exhausting day.  

It's a good day for singing a song,
And it's a good day for moving along,
Yes, it's a good day, how could anything go wrong,
It's a good day from morning till night. 

Actually, it's a good day for listening to little kids singing songs: 

Today was the Primary Presentation.  The very best sacrament meeting of the year. And our little primary was phenomenal.  And my little Max had 3 lines and sang all the songs, and my sweet Lucy sang a solo in front of 198 people (The Sacred Grove - it's not a very familiar primary song but it's hauntingly beautiful and she sang it justice) AND she was a narrator.  Her microphone didn't work and she handled it seemlessly.  Professional!  

Today was my day to fast for our branch's 40-day fast. Sleeplessness and fasting is a hard combo.  Why don't I think ahead? Plus linger-longer! 

We also had a double baptism today too.  Things are moving forward in this area.  It's beautiful to witness.  Lucy also sang a solo at the baptism.  She is so wonderful.  She's shy with all the compliments she receives, but so sweet and willing to serve in her own special way. 

Logan wanted to wear a suit like dad today and he was so good through many hours of church. 



We rushed home for a quick bite to eat (3-bowls of Cheerios for me! That's a nice way to end a fast) and then headed to our friends for a bonfire.  I love a fire.  It was chilly and I'm thinking we might need to finally turn the heat on.  Blah! 

We roasted hot dogs and Max bit into one and his tooth came out!  First tooth fantastic boy! He lost the tooth...literally.  But we figured the tooth fairy is pretty nice and won't mind. 


We were treated to a beautiful rainbow too.


I love a bonfire night.  Especially a bonfire with Miss Maddie serenading us with her guitar.  Logan especially liked when Danny sang Sweet Home Alabama because it's a song from Cars.  



Max got ready for bed and got a letter for the tooth fairy.  I think the tooth fairy loves kids.  Especially my kids.  


So it was a gloriously exhausting day...from morning till night.  

No comments: