Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy 33 to me

I've come to acknowledge that birthdays as a mom are almost just like another day.  almost.  There isn't some fabulous surprise-planning fairy taking care of mom's, the way that mom's take care of all other birthdays, so it may seem like a bit of a let down…except for one magical thing.  Being a mom on her birthday is pretty awesome because he lovely kids do things like this:



And really, what's better?  "I love you" with as many 'xoxo's' as they can fit on the page and balloons of every colour.  Perfect.  This was crafted by my sensitive boy, Max.  He has a heart of gold.  And will write his brother and sister's names on the card after when he realizes that they haven't thought of something so they aren't left out.  He snuck downstairs and I was FORBIDDEN to come down while he worked on this.

Plus, my husband chose to take the day off work so we could spend it together.  On a wednesday, that's something pretty special.  Logan and I had library day and Tyler had to stop at the eye doctor, so while Logan played with toys, I got 20 minutes of golden time to start reading new books.


We also had to run a few errands at Canadian Tire, and do some Branch President visits, which required Logan to watch a movie in the van and me to read my new books.  Oh well, it was quiet time.


And since there's no one at home to make me my favourite meal, and Wednesday night's equal Achievers and Young Women's, so going out for dinner isn't an option, we had the next best thing.  I made the easiest meal possible that I still really enjoy eating.  Homage to my childhood on my birthday.  Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup.  Add a glass of chocolate milk and it's like I'm in Kindergarten again.  


Lucy and I scooted off to the church for the evening, where she got to carve pumpkins and I got to work with the YW on Halloween crafting.  Plus mummy sugar cookies.  It was ideal.



No comments: