Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa

Today was Papa's 51st birthday. We ended up spending most of the day up at Grandma's house as I had been sick for the past two and didn't have much energy to even take care of my kids. Fortunately, Grandma was at home because her dad had just had hernia surgery, so she was able to help me out a lot, including driving Lucy to and from school. I sat around most of the day and helped Max make Jenga towers (over and over!) and destroying them. I showed him the actual concept of Jenga and how to pull blocks out strategically, but he would pull a few and then get really excited to pull one he knew would make the tower fall down. Grandma made a tractor cake for Papa with the kids out of rice krispie squares and wagon wheels and licorice. We had a lovely ham and potatoes dinner and enjoyed surprising Papa when he came home. The kids also went in the hot tub with Jason, Jacob and Papa. Happy Birthday Papa! Wish I had more energy to celebrate...or even write about other people's celebrating!

No comments: