Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bibbity Bobbity Boutique

Our first full day at Disneyland was an exciting one. Everyone was up early and in good spirits and excited to see what the park had in store for us. One of our very first stops was at one of the most magical places in Disneyland...for junior princesses. The Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, where little girls can chose a Disney Princess dress, shoes, and accessories to purchase and then get their hair and makeup done just like a princess. I was surprised that Tyler insisted on visiting the store, because usually those frilly things aren't that important to him, but he said he wanted to make Lucy's experience as magical possible. She insisted that dad stay outside the store, because she wanted to surprise him. Lucy's favorite Disney princess is Cinderella...which I think is the case for most little girls. We tried on the blue Cinderella dress first, but due to the large amounts of glitter, the sleeves were a bit scratchy on her arms, and she was not up for it. We then tried on Belle's dress, a white Disney Princess 'wedding' dress and finally Snow White's dress, which Lucy decided was the best because it was the most comfortable. I was happy, because I thought it was the cutest dress too. I'm glad my daughter still puts practicality before desire at such a young age. Dad purchased the dress, hairband and wand for her, and Grandma and Papa got her the matching gloves and apple purse. Our Princess was all decked out and ready for her day in the park. I'm not sure what kind of pixie dust or princess powers those dresses hold, but anytime she wore her dress to the park, she became a new person. Her tired legs would suddenly be full of waltzing energy and she would parade around as if she truly was Snow White. She was careful to hold her skirt up and point her pinkies like a true princess. Eventually, mom and dad had to take Max back to the hotel for a sleep and Princess Lucy continued on her adventures with Grandma, Papa, Sarah and Janeen. They waited in line for 90 minutes at the Princess Fantasy Faire to meet 3 princesses. Lucy was in good spirits the whole

time, and was excited to see Belle,Sleeping Beauty, and Pocahontas...all three who told her she looked just like their friend Snow White...and Ariel, because of her red hair. The rules at the Fantasy Faire are pretty strict, and each little girl is only allowed to meet 3 princesses, no more. Well, while Lucy was meeting with Pocahontas, Cinderella walked in to trade places with one of the other princesses Lucy had already met...Lucy, unaware of the rules, was in a daze as she saw Cinderella and walked away from Pocahontas, mid-sentance, to see her idol. Pocahontas was sweet and kind and stood out of the way so Lucy could have her moment. Cinderella signed her book, and took a picture, and then they were scooted out. It was a moment I wish I could have seen with my own eyes, but knowing my daughter, the description Grandma gave me was easy to picture. Lucy spent the rest of her princess day in toon town at Minnie Mouse's house, another favorite, and parading around the park. Each day as we would leave the park and she was wearing her princess dress, the gate workers would say, "Goodnight princess!" and Lucy was whisper in my ear, "They think I'm the REAL Snow White!" Other days, she would be in her plain jane clothes and the gate workers would still say "Goodnight princess!" and she would say, "They know I'm a princess even though I don't have my dress on!" I told her it was because she has a princess face.

No comments: