Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pinterest!!

So, I've discovered Pinterest.  Well, I wouldn't so much call it 'discovered' as I would 'succumbed' to Pinterest.  I've known about it for a while (I don't live under a rock).  But I resisted for a very long time. Very long.  Every once in a while one of my friends on facebook would post something they had 'pinned' on Pinterest and I would check it out, but I never created an account.  Then Halloween approached and I needed some ideas for costumes and decorations and everything I googled (my go-to) seemed to have some sort of Pinterest link to it.  So I relented.  FINE, I said.  I'll check out this Pinterest thing.  Well, I may have chosen the WORST time of year to join Pinterest.  Really?  Halloween to Christmas.  All of my pinning seemed to focus on yummy things.  Really yummy things.  And I became highly motivated to make a lot of treats for the holiday season.  Plus, we weren't going to Alberta for Christmas to indulge in mom's, MIL's, and Grandma type treats, so I had to take the task of treats onto myself.  And I mastered it.  By mastered it, I mean, I made A LOT of junk.

What's the point of all of this?  Poundage.  Bulge around the mid-section.  Our family indulged in the holidays like nobody's business.  So finally, the week between New Years Eve and back to school we decided to get our groove on.  In the name of exercise.  Sleeping in till 9am, wearing our pajamas all day, the holidays were good to us.  And throwing in a work-out every day was good.

So now, my pinning on Pinterest seems to consist mostly of smoothie recipes (thanks to the new blender I got for Christmas) and work-out plans.  Time to battle the bulge!




No comments: