Sunday, January 20, 2013

Monster Jam!!

Our brilliant plan was to let the little stay awake in the afternoon while we were at the temple, and then sleep in the van on the way to Monster Jam.  It was going to be a bit of a late night, since Monster Jam wasn't supposed to let out until after 10pm, so I figured a 5pm nap would be alright.  Let me tell you, my anal mind got a little nervous about my plan when our boys seemed to be fighting a nap with everything they had in them.  There was a lot of singing and giggling coming from the carseats for the first 15 minutes of the drive, and then suddenly it was quiet.  Two boys, fast asleep.  Plus, traffic was ridiculous so it took us over an hour to go 8km, so they got a good nap in.

It was great to go to the Roger's Center and watch the Monster Jam.  It was crazy loud, even on the concourse, so I was glad that we had bought ear plugs or this would have been a no-go event.

As I've been to more and more Monster Jams, I am increasingly aware that this must be run somewhat like a WWF style tournament where the results are predetermined as well as the winner, because the winner definitely wasn't the one with the best run, but it was the most predictable winner...the new Canadian truck.  But the kids enjoyed it.  Plus, there was a new truck, Batman, that was cool to watch.









No comments: