Thursday, June 10, 2010

Worth it

So the week of Mother's Day, Lucy's school was having a special Mother's Day party at the school where the kids could play and show off crafts they had made for their moms and they brought in a photographer to take school and family photos. We had had a really rough night that night, and all woke up not feeling that great, so I decided to skip it. I explained to Lucy my reasons and then got in the shower. She was disappointed, but understood. But as I stood in the shower, I thought about how this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. She would never again be in preschool and have a Mother's Day party, or get these school photos. And as terrible as I felt, I knew in the future that I would feel worse if we missed it. So we got ready SUPER fast and dragged ourselves to the school for the last 45 minutes of the party. I knew Logan was going to be cranky, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. The photographer did a great job, and got us seated right away so we had a chance to play before the event was over. Here are some of the shots of Lucy and the rest of us. That cute face makes it worth it.

2 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

Definitely worth it!

Jennifer Creighton said...

So cute! I always love your posts, Heather. Also, I think we have the same haircut!