Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CSI


I came across this crime scene in my bathroom this evening. The culprit had long-since fled the scene, leaving me to do some investigating in order to track them down. (In case you can't tell, it's loose powder make-up.) So, who is to blame? Suspects: a little girl who loves make-up, or a little boy who loves touching things that don't belong to him. Let's look at the evidence. The bathroom door had been closed with the light left on, suggesting someone was trying to hide something. Not the typical behavior of the 5-year old girl, who is honest to a fault. Too sneaky for her...but not for someone else I know. Then I spotted this...a ha! The fiend left a footprint! It's difficult to know who's footprint it is without some further investigating. So I grabbed a shoe. HIS shoe, and measured it against the footprint.

Seems to be a perfect match. I guess we found our criminal. When confronted up at Grandma's house with the following interrogation, he crumbled:
Mom: Hey Max, guess what I just found in the bathroom?
Max: What mom?
Mom: A big mess!
Max: I tried to open it but it was stuck and then it EXPLODED everywhere! (big eyes)

They always talk under such tough interrogation.
Sentence: No jail time, or even a time-out, but the little Max had to do some community service, in the form of vacuuming up the mess.

I was fortunate to have this happy Horatio helping me out too:

3 comments:

Alison said...

So stinkin' cute!!! Love those boys!

Kristen said...

Sounds a little like the crinimal activity that happened around my house. I walked into our main floor bathroom mid-afternoon just as Brielle was flushing the toilet and thought to myself..."hmmm....that ball of toilet paper going down the drain doesn't look so light and fluffy....I wonder how much TP she is trying to flush down such a little pipe".


Low and behold, we got an emergency knock on our bedroom door that evening to inform us that the toilet had decided on it's own accord to start overflowing - resulting in a HUGE puddle of water on the floor in the bathroom and laundry room, that of course had started leaking into the basement...

Max and Brielle sound like 2 peas in a pod!

Tyler said...

Seriously, you kill me. Oh handsome Horatio, we'll have to make sure we teach Logan to use really cheesy one liners.