Thursday, March 25, 2010

Welcome to Motherhood

Had a good night's sleep last night - or as good as one could have with a 5 week old baby and a major sore throat. Woke up at 8:30, fed my baby, fed my other two kids, waited for my husband to get out of the shower so I could have a turn. Got into the bliss that is the shower. While I was in there (for about 4 minutes) I diffused two arguments between my older children, and sang '5 little duckies' to my baby to keep him amused while I'm hidden behind the shower curtain. Got out, dried off, brushed my teeth, got dressed. Wrapped up a tired baby and put him in his bed. (Hello miracle! He fell asleep on his own!). Did my make-up, thought about putting a load of laundry in, but hesitated. Ran my fingers through my hair to prep for blow-drying and...what? Why is my hair so filmy? That's right people...I forgot to rinse! So here I am, pretty much ready to go and I realize that I never actually finished my shower! Good thing I have short hair and rinsing under the tap at the sink is fairly easy. It's also a good thing I hadn't thrown that load of laundry in, so we still had hot water!
Seriously, I'm losing my mind...what's left of it anyway.
Feel free to laugh - I have.

1 comment:

Erica said...

The world of multi-tasking is severely distorted while sleep deprived! Been there too-hang in there Heather.