Wednesday, March 10, 2010

T.I.R.E.D.

I feel more tired today than I have since Logan was born...I think I'm even more tired than the night I had to sleep in a hospital bed after spending 10 hours in labour and pushing out a baby...of course, it could be that I'm just in a fog of that moment and don't really remember how tired I was, but MAN...today is tired! Having 3 kids is great, because the older two can 'usually' entertain themselves while I deal with baby stuff...but it also means that the wonderful advice given to all new mothers of "sleep when the baby is sleeping" just doesn't happen, because a 4-year-old and 2-year-old don't really like the idea of mom getting some rest. Especially the 2-year-old. He has elephantitis. Which I know is a real thing, and he doesn't REALLY have it...but he can't seem to walk anywhere. He's only 24 lbs and sounds like he's closer to 200 when he walks down the hallway. Maybe it should be called 'heavy-footedness', or 'Clydesdale-hooverness'. Either way, it's noisy.

1 comment:

Angi Gerrie said...

I think ALL 2-year-olds have this!!! :) That, and the ability to be heard by mommy over a noisy fan and a closed door when she finally gets a day to sleep in. :) Good luck!