Sunday, September 20, 2009

A priceless gift

Ok, this one's a bit cheesy. You've been fairly warned. After Stake Conference, we headed over to my parents house to spend some time with Bourne Family. As we left, my mom handed us a binder and bin full of quick and easy Family Home Lesson each with an object that went along with them. They are simple and exciting for little ones, which works great for us, so on Monday night, we pulled out the binder and box and started on the first one. The kids picked the elephant and we ended up learning about Noah and the Ark. At the end of each lesson is an activity, and this week the kids had to run around the house finding every stuffed animal they could find and bring it to the living room to create their own ark. We ended up with about 8 bears and quite a few elephants, a few dinosaurs, and even one flamingo. The kids enjoyed being Noah and realized it must have been a pretty hard job for him to get all those animals. Afterward, we headed outside and built a fort out of hay bales, as this has been occupying a lot of Tyler's time lately (hay bales, not forts). The kids had fun going inside and insisted everyone come in with them, so we got a bit crowded. We had a snack inside and got our hair pretty full of hay in the process. It was fun. I'd like to thank my mom and my little niece for their time and effort into creating these books for us. It's a priceless gift to me, and I know that having FHE will end up being a priceless gift for my children. Without getting too sappy, you can't ignore the prophets. I think they know. Thanks mom.

No comments: