Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Joining the Circus

It's been a long time since I posted and I couldn't decide whether I would put a whole bunch of updates into one blog or if I should spread them out. Some only have a few pictures, but others have a lot, so I thought, a couple of blogs. You can read them all if you want, or not, it's mostly for my own memory keeping.
On August 10th, we realized that Circus Ghatti was only in town for one more night, and we thought it would be fun to take the kids. They were really excited to go to "MAX"bell center to see the show. The only idea of a circus they've ever seen was on Dora when the lion wants to join the circus and they have animals doing everything...cartoon expectations lead to real-life disappointments. Lucy enjoyed the whole thing, especially getting popcorn and cotton candy. Max was only interested in the animals, so when any 'people' acts came out he was pretty frustrated. He kept asking me, "who are these people?" so disgusted. They had a few dog tricks, pony tricks, and concluded the evening with elephants, which were pretty great. Lucy enjoyed watching the dancing and magic show. Tyler and I enjoyed the tight-rope walker. By 'enjoyed' I mean that we sat with our breath held and a nervous pit in our stomach as this guy did crazy things way too high up in the air, with nothing but 4 spotters, who were only half paying attention. At one point he kind of stumbled and I thought he was going to fall. I'm not sure if that was part of the show, or if actually did stumble, but he got me. I definitely did not want to watch this man fall to the sheet-covered concrete floor of the Maxbell arena. It was dark in the arena, so it was hard to take pictures. We had a fun time, and were glad we got the discount coupons from Extra Foods so it only cost us $20. That's a pretty cheap family outing I think. Oh, and it was a highlight to see the Mason family...Tammy's sister, husband and their kids. It was especially fun to see Kristy run out of the arena with their 2nd youngest daughter covered in puke and shake our heads for poor Ian, who had received the brunt of it. I'm sure that was NOT the highlight of their evening out.

No comments: