Monday, August 3, 2009

Blustery Day

Last night, after a fairly hot but peaceful Sunday we were woken up at about 1:15am to something...although neither Tyler and I remember registering what actually woke us. We both sat bolt up in bed and then heard both of our children crying, which is a rare thing. The wind was absolutely howling and we rushed to their sides...Tyler in Lucy's room, me in Max's. We both reassured them that it was just the wind and all was well. As I sat in Max's room holding his hand and rubbing his back the storm outside persisted and got louder and louder. It got to the point where I was no longer comforting Max because my mind was too concerned. Basically I was scared out of my mind. I wouldn't have been surprised if the trailer started moving, the wind was that bad. There was flash after flash of lightening and booming thunder right outside. Then the hail started in and pounded against our tin roof. I've never prayed so desperately in my life that I remember. After about half an hour of this, the storm calmed down and so did we. It was gone as quickly as it came and turned into nothing more than a drizzle, that has lasted much of today as well. The kids fell asleep and Tyler and I fell into bed. We were exhausted, but managed to both comment that we had never heard anything like that before. This morning we were able to see what damage the storm had done. I assumed my garden would be destroyed, and it was pretty flattened. We also woke up to this sight:The trampoline has gone flying before so we had it staked down, but the wind was strong enough to pull it out of the stakes...except for two, which held it in place fortunately for us, as our two vehicles would have been in it's path if it decided to give. All I kept thinking about was "Master the tempest is raging" and how scared those without faith must be in a situation like that. We are safe, and happy and grateful that the trampoline was the only casualty.

1 comment:

Angi Gerrie said...

IT WAS SO CRAZY!!! We were camping in Carstairs... 1:30-2:00 AM were pretty much the worst half hour of my life! I can't believe the trampoline looks like that!