Monday, October 27, 2014

Seth Charlie Williamson



Thoughts from week one: 

This week, every time I had a thought of significance, or not...sometimes they are just things that actually stood out in the blur of week one, I wrote it down.  Some are epiphanies...some are sleep-deprived rants. 

* I really wanted to experience labour during the day for once.  Just one time! Not for me.  

* there's my handsome, stressed out husband, trying to get some work done after midnight, while we wait.  I'm bored. Can't sleep.  


* why do they have to decorate delivery rooms with pictures of nursing mothers? Guilt-trip!  Or in case I forget why I'm here...? 

* Waiting. 


* I have NEVER had a labour that fast or that painful.  I wondered if I could handle something like that.  Apparently the answer is yes.  

* I always claim I'm not one of those ladies who screams in labour.  This time, I was.  And I squeezed Tyler's hand so hard he asked (politely) if I could ease up.  All stereotypical. 

* small baby = easy recovery


* so handsome!!

* he latched!  That's never happened before.

* meeting his siblings!


 * all of these IVs and blood pressure checks blew my veins.  Looks brutal!


* Sunday morning loafers


* thanks to the miracle of night sweats, the swelling is slowly going down!  Hallelujah, I have almost real legs again!


* discovering you have a mold problem when your baby is 1 week old...not fun.  


*best buddy cousins


* how about a bow tie as big as your face...?



* I'm not producing milk.  My baby is so dehydrated that he has orange urate crystals in his diaper and hasn't had a bowel movement in 5 days.  Yet again I switch to formula.  Thank heavens he will actually sleep now though.  

It's been an exhausting and exhilarating first week.  I can't believe this tiny person is finally here.  I can't believe I'm doing this again.  I can't believe I love another little person this much.  

No comments: