Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Travel

It's been a while since Tyler had to do any business travel.  Since he's been called as the BP he's tried to stay close to home.  Plus he's a bit more established with his business contacts now that we've been here for over 2 years that he doesn't need to say 'yes' to every travel opportunity.  But alas, sometimes travel is still necessary.  

This business trip took Tyler to DC again, and we looked into having us all go with him, as well making a weekend trip to New York as well.  Lucy's rehearsal schedule has gotten quite heavy so we decided it was best if the kids and I stayed home. Plus, we looked into hotels in the New York area for $200 or less and the only hit we for was the Harlem YMCA.  Ummm...no thanks.  Some other time.  

So on Monday morning we dropped the kids off at school and Tyler, Logan and I made the drive to Syracuse to take Tyler to the airport....with a stop in Watertown for cheese and root beer of course.  

It was a long day of driving for Logan and I but he was good.  And he enjoyed a few minutes break at the airport.  

They have a mock cockpit set up that he enjoyed playing in and calling the flight tower from.  He kept telling us he was flying to Mexico.  


With Tyler away, I have to be far more organized.  No tag-teaming.  But we survive.  

I also find that I go to bed super late whenever he's gone, waiting until I'm drop-dead tired before even trying to go to sleep.  But I sleep so gloriously!  Spread out in the middle of our queen bed.  The blankets barely disturbed when I wake up.  Blissful.  Life's a toss up.  

Tyler came home Thursday afternoon, this time flying into Kingston.  I so prefer these smaller airports.  Less people. less traffic. less stress.  I get filled with anxiety hen I'm in unknown crowds with my kids.  Like anything could happen.   But in Kingston, Logan can stand right by the window and watch Tyler's flight land and see him get off.  It's pretty exciting.  

And this weekend Tyler's headed to Ottawa, and we'll join him on that trip.  The kids love an excuse to stay in a hotel and swim.  And I get to avoid cleaning my house for a few days.  That's reason enough for me.  

1 comment:

M said...

Good call on avoiding Harlem!!