Thursday, May 23, 2013

Jinx

One of Max's favorite games to play is 'jinx'.  He's quick at it, and it has become mostly annoying, and often I regret that I am the one that taught it to him.  But it always makes me crack up when he tries to jinx Logan.

Max: jinx!  You can't talk now...
Logan: yes I can...see...

The three year old doesn't get it.  And Max laughs in a frustrated, exasperated laugh because what else can you do?

So two nights ago as Tyler and I were getting ready for bed, I was having some crazy ovulating pain.  I get ovarian cysts and they HURT.  It's been a while, but this time, it was a doozie.  I had the weird thought...what would we do if there was an emergency in the middle of the night?  Who would we call to watch our kids?  So I asked Tyler.  He suggested our friends down the street, Dave and Laura.  Good call.  But when it really came down to it, we agreed that we'd call Matt and Amanda.  Good plan.  Now let's go to sleep.  I had just purchased a new bike at Canadian Tire and I couldn't wait to ride to school with my kiddos.  They were super excited too, because we finally got bike locks for them, so they can ride their bikes too.  Totally pumped.

Bike riding was a hit, and Tyler and I even rode to the library with Logan.  I definitely got my days worth of bike riding.

After school, we're waiting for Lucy to come out.  I tell Max to leave his bike locked up because it's too crowded on the school yard for him to be riding, and he can just play on the climber while we wait.  I turn to watch for Lucy, and turn back to see Max crying and holding his arm.

He fell off the monkey bars and landed on his arm.  Snap!

We took him to Urgent Care and had it X-rayed.  It's a small green-stick fracture just above his wrist.  So he's in an half cast for a week and we go back for more x-rays to see how it's doing.  As we left for Urgent Care, our neighbours, Dave and Laura, offered to watch Lucy and Logan for us.  And it all came back to me.  Hmm...didn't we just talk about this?

Jinx!

I must admit that a broken bone in this boy has waited a lot longer than I thought it would.  This spring is constantly jumping and hopping and climbing on everything.  Takes after his dad I guess.  I just hope that's where the comparison ends.  I don't exactly want to deal with 13 separate broken arms.

No comments: