Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Beast

He's 3.  The Beast is 3.  And he has been counting down to 3 for about 3 years now.  Or it feels like 3 years.  And to celebrate 3, we had a Superhero birthday party...because Logan loves all things Avengers, Superman and Spiderman right now.  I got the genius idea from Pinterest to make him some REAL superhero capes for his birthday and have had a great time getting them ready.

He had a great list of friends he wanted to invite to his party.  Susie, Danny, Maddie and Emily.  Emily is in Toronto going to school, so the plan was to skype her in...but she surprised us and showed up for the party!  Logan loves his girlfriends, and enjoyed some Gangnam Style with them.  Austin, Taylor and Xander (and Mattmanda, of course - that's Matt & Amanda...but in his mind it's Mattmanda and they are one entity).  Cooper and Mickey - and Mickey's mom.  Because Logan loves Mickey's mom.  And Eli and Noah.


Logan's request for his birthday dinner was pizza.  And cookies.  And yogurt.  And Lemonade.  So we made pizzas, a giant cookie birthday pizza, ate icecream and yogurt and drank lemonade.  Plus there was some bruschetta and salad.

He had a great time and was totally spoilt.  Then after all our party guests left, he skype with Grandma and Bumpa, and then Grandma and Papa, and then Mike & Tammy and didn't get to bed until 11:35pm.  That seems reasonable for a 3-year-old.


Fortunately the next day was Family Day, so we were able to sleep in and just hang for the day.

Since turning 3, Logan has begun, and nearly finished the potty-training experience.  Let me tell you, having 3 kids and no diapers is like a breath of fresh air.  Literally.  It's been 8-years-straight that I've been changing diapers and it is AMAZING to be done...almost.  Plus, little boys in unders is probably the cutest thing you've ever seen.  Love it!


So he is my big beast who loves all things BOY.  But he loves kisses (especially long ones!) and still likes to have his blanket for sleeping.  I'm supposing that now that he's 3 he should probably move out of the crib, but I just SO like my sleep.  And I enjoy that cage...I mean crib.

It's me and him alone most of the time.  And most of the time I love it.



He's my bestie!

No comments: