Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Latest

(Max after a blue ring pop.)

(Lucy with a baby stuffed up her shirt)
So, with Christmas and New Years being over, there hasn't been much to write about lately. I've still been taking pictures as much as possible, because I'm a big believer in pictures, but there hasn't been much to report. I thought I'd give a quick update as to what we've been up to in the past week, although it's not terribly exciting to those outside of these 4 (tin) walls. Although terribly exciting doesn't sound that great to me. The kids have been entertaining themselves with their new toys, and enjoying some of the old ones too. Here they are eating pizza pockets and wearing the crowns their Aunti Ali made for them a while back. They were so cute I had to take a picture. We also pulled the aqua-doodle out that they got from Santa and they have had a blast playing with that. The inventor is a genius, I've gotta say. It's fun, and absolutely no mess. Love that.Tyler's been busy with work and Young Men's and I've been keeping busy with jewelry, kids, and primary stuff. We had all our new little sunbeams move up into primary on the 4th, which included Lucy. I feel spoiled to be able to be in there watching her first experiences with primary. She was so excited that morning to go to Sunbeams that she woke up early to get ready, picked out her favorite dress, got her scripture case and scriptures (that she got from Gma Bourne for Christmas) and was ready to go. Her little brother was sick, so Dad had to stay home, but Mom and Lucy had a great time in primary. When it was all over, I asked her what she thought and she told me, "Mom, I spent all the time in primary, and we didn't even open our scriptures once!" I'll have to rectify that disappointment. It's fun planning sharing time week to week with her in mind now.
I guess the only other news is the story of 'the finger'. As I was chopping lettuce for dinner tonight and listening to Tyler tell me about his day, I made the mistake of looking up at him for one moment, and as I looked back down I could see my impressively sharp knife heading straight for my finger, but not in enough time for me to do anything to stop it. Ouch. I immediately ran it to the sink and soaked and squeezed it, and was surprised by how much it didn't hurt...for about 45 seconds, and then it waved in. I got a bit light-headed (especially when Tyler got light-headed at the sight of blood) and had to steady myself on the floor. Wrapped it in gauze, called Sarah to watch the kids, headed to the church with Tyler so he could set up his activity, and then drove to the walk-in clinic in Cochrane. It turns out it didn't need stitches, so my 28-year streak still holds true. They fixed it up with some skin glue (stings like nothing else) and some bandaids. It throbs, but isn't too bad. That was terribly exciting enough for one night, and it's difficult to type without an index finger, so I'll end there.Here's my bandaged finger and the knife that did it...

No comments: